Several important items coming out of last week's meeting as we head towards the end of the season.
- John Montgomery shared information from the State wide District call. The Ct State Referee Program (CSRP) needs clubs to step up to host Field training sessions for new referees. The recruiting process is going well to build back a depleted bench. The final step in certification is a 3 hour field training session. Often times refs need to go half way across the state to attend. (Tip: Hosting a Field training session is a great way to boost your local recruiting efforts. Who doesn't need more refs in their pool?) If you are willing to host a session, contact the CSRP Administrator, Carmine Caparaso at [email protected]
- SCORE REPORTING As we head into the playoffs, all scores need to be posted so we have a clear view of standings.
- Home team managers, please post any missing scores. If you have any access trouble, ask your opponent to post the score. (U9/10 can post scores if they want, but not required)
- If all else fails, we can update scores. Bear in mind we have 350 teams and about 1,400 games. You must send us the Game ID (#7XXXXX) and the score for each team in order to post properly.
- Unfortunately due to a few teams dropping out and schedule changes, the standings have many byes and "forfeit" games. The League Commissioners will be auditing the scores according to the Policy document on the SWD website. https://www.swdcjsa.org/ See the section: Points and Standings for an explanation on how final standings will be determined.
- If you have make up games, do your best to get them in over these next 2 weeks.
- ALL SCORES MUST BE REPORTED BY MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH. The League Commissioners will then compute final standings per the above polices and publish the final standings on the SWD website by Tuesday November 8th.
- LEAGUE PLAYOFFS Semi finals Saturday Nov 12th 1v4, 2v3, higher seed is host and they pay refs. Finals Sunday November 13th- Teams split ref fees. See list below for Host Clubs. Teams not making the playoffs are encouraged to arrange friendly matches on 11/13.
- HOST CLUBS FOR FINALS. (Please have your field assignor contact me with field and start times for matches so we can post on SWD site.)
U12 Boys-New Canaan
U13 Boys- Darien
U15 Boys- Newtown
U11 Girls- Trumbull
U12 Girls-Greenwich SA
U15 Girls New Canaan
Good luck to all.
Frank & Kristin